Sunday, October 17, 2010

Last day at SWFox 2010

Sunday, the last of this 3-days conference started off for me with a session by Venelina Jordanova from Bulgaria and Uwe Haberman from Germany about Silverlight and how you can make use of this new MicroSoft product with FoxPro. Unfortunately there were moments where either Venelina or Uwe, maybe because English is also not my native language, were difficult to understand. Fortunately all the topics are illustrated with samples. I did understand Silverlight can be a great 'thing' to follow and learn, it will certainly give one the possibility to produce modern look applications and using lots of 'old fashioned' Foxpro techniques. The second session, which was picked for me by the Kopelli application, a session by Tamar. It is always good to attend a session by Tamar, she knows so much about the implantation of Microsoft Office applications in VFP. Was it not only for the tricks, I had most of the traps she revealed.
Sunday sessions last for me was Christoff's Wollenhaupts Guineu session. It was good to see how Guineu worked together with ASP. The session triggered for me to see the final finished product.

During closing session whe where informed about the new lifetime foxawards 2010: Rick Schummer for his work on various VFP projects and Lisa Nichols, the master of so many good and smart applications in Visual FoxPro, from which I just briefly mention the ReportWriter she introduced in VFP9. Obviously Lisa did not make a thankyouall speech but showed us a report. Very well done. I hope her 'show' will be published somewhere on the internet and if so I will show the URL to that here, don't miss it.
Meanwhile Lisa has posted on her site the 'report', you may read all about it at : http://spacefold.com/lisa/2010/10/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment