Saturday, October 9, 2010

Heading for SWFox


You have just opened my very first blog. I had decided to blog about the coming SWFox conference in Gilbert starting October 12th. After many years of hard (and less hard) work and my last employment as Visual FoxPro developer it is now time to start as pensionado; first I would like to see what will be the next tool, since Microsoft had decided some time ago, the end of the VFP had come. The conference also gives me a fine opportunity to meet all those which I have so far only known from there writings in reality. Fortunately there is no yet-lag when visiting Atlanta since I am enjoying a more than splendid 2 weeks in the Costa-Rica nature. Presently this blog entry is written at the right in the middle of nowhere at Rancho Margot. Costa Rica is not only for those who favor all equestrian activities but anybody who likes wildlife, sunshine and friendly people. The most impressive, for me, where the green-sea turtles. The females coming to shore, a very specific special beach, a few miles long only, to lay there 100+ eggs in a self-dug and afterwards completely burries under the sand the sea turtles more than 1 meter long. You are not supposed to take a picture of the turtles when doing this labor in the midnight to give you an impression you see here the track when mommy ‘drove’ back to the sea after doing the job. Maybe one day I will also publish a log about all nature here in CostaRica, for now you will have to do with my FoxPro conference starting in a few days. Happy to blog again.

Koen

No comments:

Post a Comment